CFAES Revenue Guidance and Deposit Form

Feb. 17, 2016

Three new documents have been posted. 

The primary purpose is to guide decision-making on which type of fund to use: Office of Sponsored Projects, development, earnings, contract, designated, etc.  In particular, please make sure that funds appropriately belonging in a development fund or OSP fund are properly deposited.

Financial staff making deposits should complete this form for all deposits.  In cases where a unit has repeated, small deposits of a similar nature, the depositor may request an exemption to using the deposit form each time, by completing the exemption form and sending to Terry Snoddy.

Please recall that the new policy and practice are in response to an OSU internal audit, and should help our reporting and budgeting through improved consistency across the college.

Resources: Forms, Training - Accounts Receivable - Check and Cash Deposits

Questions: Terry Snoddy, Eric Bode

Frequently Asked Questions:

Extension County units

Q: Do I need to change the fund number for my County Appropriation from the Commissioners or the Levy funds from the county tax levy?
A: No, these are treated as grants and contracts and should remain in the 5003xx or 5004xx fund series. 

Q: In what fund should I deposit registration fees for programming?
A: Most units will deposit these payments to a Designated Fund 06xxxx or into the County Checking Account.