Frequently Asked Question
Question: I have a contract where we are receiving a good or service but there is no cost - how do I get the contract signed?
Example: We are renting a projector and laptop from a place we are holding a meeting and they have a contract for use of these items.
Contracts where we are ordering something, even if there is no cost, should go through the normal buying process and be uploaded pre-signature to the eRequest system. Typically contracts for signature will be either Standard Purchasing Requests or Purchasing Card Transactions and you can choose that type when submitting.
- Review the contract for appropriateness. Have you filled in anything you need to like contact information? Are all of the business terms agreeable to you?
- Create a new eRequest: eRequest system
- Choose Payment Option: Standard Purchasing Request
- Attach the contract to the eRequest and a quote if applicable
- Complete the eRequest as you would any other (Business Purpose, Chartfield, etc.) See the eRequest Initiator Job aid for help.
- Enter $0.00 for the amount of the contract if there is no fee
- Submit for approval.
Service Center Steps:
- Your Service Center Representative in Columbus or Wooster will take your contract and send to OSU Purchasing for editing and signature.
- He or she will attach to the eRequest when signed and email the initiator of the eRequest.
Questions: Service Center Representative