CFAES Finance Training Offered
Questions: Cindy Buxton
Register here for CFAES Finance Training: https://cfaesfinance.osu.edu/Training/cfaes-finance-training-2016
Offered this year:
Travel – Mileage
From calculation to submission we will cover submitting for mileage reimbursement under the new Travel guidelines. Method: Adobe Connect Date: Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:30 – 3:00pm
Overnight Travel – Pre-trip training
This course will cover everything you need to know before you travel; including what is a T number, how to get one and how to prepay expenses. Method: Adobe Connect Date: Friday, April 15, 2016 1:30 – 3:00pm
Overnight Travel – Post-trip training
This course will cover everything you need to know after you travel, including how to submit receipts on travel cards, how to get reimbursed for personal expenses and how long you will have to wait for reimbursement.
Method: Adobe Connect, Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:30 – 3:00pm
Sales Tax on University sales
Is your unit selling items that require you to collect and report sales tax? This will cover the process for collecting, reporting and reconciling sales tax when items are being sold via University funds or checking accounts. Method: Adobe Connect, Date: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 1:30-3:00pm
New Employee Overview
This course will cover the basic topics for new finance employees including support staff, unit leaders and finance managers. We will cover things like terminology, training requirements, who to contact for help and for what areas finance employees are responsible. Method: In Person, Columbus, Location to be determined, Date: Friday, May 13, 2016 9:30-3:30
Non Capital Equipment Logs are due 3/31/16
Annually we are required to review and update our Non Capital Equipment records to make sure that old equipment that is no longer in use is removed and that new equipment has been added. Extension Orgs use a Non Capital Equipment log to track equipment and these logs are due in the Finance Service Center by 3/31/16. Other CFAES Units who track their items in PeopleSoft should take this opportunity to update their records as well.
1. Order Non Capital Equipment Tags if you need additional tags to put on items that leave the office. https://cfaesfinance.osu.edu/forms/NCTags
2. Check to make sure you have an Equipment Sign-out Record on file and that people are using it for shared equipment that leaves the office.
3. Check to make sure you have an Agreement for Assignment of University Property Form for all equipment that is assigned to one individual that leaves the office.
Common issues with Non Capital Equipment records:
· Tag # missing from the Log – If you are out of tags in your office you can order more.
· Serial # missing - find this information on your item
· Model # missing - find this information on your item
· Location or name of person assigned to equipment - List the location of the equipment or the name of the individual the item is assigned to.
· Discarded equipment not moved to Historical Tab of log (Extension units) or removed from PeopleSoft System (Academic Units and OARDC)
· Equipment Sign-out Record not on file for shared equipment that leaves the office
· Agreement for Assignment of University Property Form not on file for assigned equipment that leaves the office
Extension Orgs – Items Due
· Bank Reconciliations and Statements were due 1/31/16 – Did you remember to send yours in?
· County Appropriation and Misc. Billing Forms were due 1/31/16
o Remember that this form is what prompts the Business Office to send an invoice to your commissioners so it is critical that we get them as soon as you know your budget.
o If you don’t have a budget yet but have an estimate, email your county name and estimated amount to email@example.com
· Extension Financial Volunteer Renewal Forms should be submitted for those units that have volunteers collecting money or using a payment card terminal
· IRS Tax Forms – If your office receives any tax forms (ex. Interest on checking accounts, Amex, Real Estate) please mail those to Shirley Lin, 04 Ag Administration, 2120 Fyffe Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210
· Note: If you submitted for professional presentation support for 2015 the transfer will be completed on the eReports for the January financial statements.
· 2/8/16 eReports Ready for Printing
· 2/15/16 Sales Tax Report Due
· 2/26/16 PCard Deadline
· 2/29/16 Payment Card Security Form due from units with phone terminals or online merchant accounts
New on the Website
· CFAES Driver Registration Request Form created – Forms – for those using state vehicles
· Staples Advantage FAQ updated – Resources – including how to add items that are missing from the catalog
· Payment Card Guidelines updated – Training – formerly known as Credit Card Terminal Guidelines
· Mileage Rate Change and New Travel Forms posted - News
· Vacation vs. Business Travel Worksheet created - Forms